Do Business Better with SunSystems Professional Services Automation
In today’s highly competitive global marketplace, companies must work harder than ever to manage their most valuable assets—people and projects. Whether companies have internal or external clients, they can benefit from a technology solution that ensures the efficient delivery of services they provide. By automating resource management, time and expenses management, and billing, organisations can improve staff utilisation and drive revenue recovery. And by choosing a comprehensive, collaborative, and knowledge-enhancing solution, they can improve client relationships and gain vital intelligence on the operational costs they incur—fulfilling the requirement for project accounting and activity-based costs.
SunSystems PSA (Professional Services Automation) effectively addresses the needs of skills- and project-based organisations, where the rapid capture of data is vital. Used by the banking and finance industry, consulting engineers, surveyors, IT and management consultants, and advertising agencies—as well as professional service departments within corporations—PSA is particularly beneficial to companies that need clear visibility of consultancy utilisation and recovery of associated revenues.Designed by experts with personal experience managing services-led businesses, SunSystems PSA instills and maintains good business practices enterprise-wide.
With more than 20 years of experience built in, Infor™ FMS SunSystems PSA (Professional Services Automation) effectively addresses the needs of skills- and projectbased organisations, where the rapid capture of data is vital. Used by the banking and finance industry, consulting engineers, surveyors, IT and management consultants, and advertising agencies—as well as professional service departments within corporations—PSA is particularly beneficial to companies that need clear visibility of consultancy utilisation and recovery of associated revenues.
Eight SunSystems PSA modules combine to provide a complete solution across the entire business lifecycle; the solution’s integrated nature supports and enhances the flow of relevant real-time information.
SunSystems PSA modules
1.Billing Manager—allows total control over the entire billing process, making it invaluable to companies that charge for employees’ time or simply wish to account for internal services. Organisations can tailor Billing Manager to reflect the way they work—for instance, to handle all types of billing in any combination or allow adjustments to be made at any stage. The application automatically processes disbursements and expense recovery using agreed uplifts, and allows users to bill clients electronically. In addition, Billing Manager handles companies’ specific invoicing requirements; it also manages cross-charging and accountability within internal project teams and service departments.
2. Intra-company Charging—provides complete recognition of internal people costs. A key add-on to the PSA financial management suite, it can operate across project teams, worldwide offices, and even group companies where non taxable added agreements are in place. Users can match resources to a specific profit center, attaching unique costs and charge rates to shared resources across teams. By accounting properly for services teams and cross-charging if necessary, the application allows an organisation to work as a truly global team
3.Microsoft® Project Interface—helps users manage projects more easily and reduces training costs by integrating PSA with Microsoft Project, a widely used project management tool. Also allows users to:
- Import key data from other PSA modules
- Export project plans to relevant projects held in the PSA database
- Merge financial data with project plans to provide valuable forecasting and cost information
4.Multi-currency Manager—automates currency conversions quickly and accurately for businesses spread across different sites in many countries. Date-sensitive and fully euro-compliant, Multi-currency Manager follows the Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA) standard. In addition, the application: Invoices in preferred currency on a project-by-project basis Handles global billing and employee reimbursement Satisfies overseas requirements for multi-currency through preset rules Importsworldwide currency rates on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis Triangulates and locks euro rates Offers work-in-progress evaluation Links to other SunSystems modules
5.Project Repository—allows users to define projects and store key information relating to project setup, client rates, and project-specific activities and tasks. This central data source—the core module within PSA—facilitates time and expenses capture, resource management, billing, and reporting. It permits users to categorise resources for ease of searching and allocation, and to access PSA remotely over the web. The Project Repository also provides:
- Powerful built-in inquiry and report-writing that keeps project managers ahead of the game
- Event logger to monitor key performance indicators associated with a project
- Capability to archive and historically file projects.
6.Resource Manager—helps project-based organisations plan and manage the activities of large or complex resource pools. The application uses, and builds on, the basic resource information created and stored in the Project Repository. By providing a consolidated view of multiple employees’ Microsoft Outlook® calendars, Resource Manager allows project and resource \managers to share knowledge—helping them create effective schedules and optimise utilisation of resources. The application is particularly relevant to organisations with multiple resource pools under separate management and in separate locations.
7.Time & Expenses Manager—provides the information required for processing, reporting, scheduling, and decision-making across the enterprise, ensuring that the accuracy of information upon which other processes are based is not compromised. The application allows users to easily and accurately record their time and charge expenses without disrupting normal work routines. In addition, flexible deployment options allow the collection and collation of workforce data from anywhere in the world. Other features:
- Captures and shares knowledge about projects throughout the global workforce
- Automates the approval process, leading to a reduction in the billing cycle
- Tracks key events and issues through an alert system
8.Vision for SunSystems PSA—this Microsoft Excel®-based reporting tool allows quick access to key management information in PSA, with which Vision seamlessly integrates. Users can analyse and easily summarise project-related data—such as utilisation rates, cost per resource and activity, project profitability, and time and expenses incurred—in management reports. In addition, users can display the information in as much detail as necessary, plus format and manipulate it using familiar Excel tools. They can also automatically schedule reports, either to the web or via email.
SunSystems PSA accurately and efficiently collects raw data and turns it into meaningful business knowledge to:
- Improve cash flow through faster and more accurate billing.
- Reduce revenue leakage through simple time and expense input routines.
- Improve staff satisfaction and retention through operational HR capabilities that assign jobs in line with availability, skills, and employee preferences and aspirations.
- Provide full visibility and control of projects by project managers.
Infor SunSystems PSA Brochure